• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
That Pit looks awesome, but I think Classic Pit looks pretty derp with his huge head and vacant gaze. Maybe you should change the angle of Classic Pit's head since his eyes aren't looking anywhere at where his arrow would go.
agree, cartoon pit needs his head rotated a bit.
I guess it wasn't a matter of perspective after all.
I also thought about it at first but after looking at him for a while it looked natural to me.
Don't worry, I'll work on that in a minute and upload a fixed version.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
luddoj, pits not even my favorite character but the lack of an appropriately "pit" pose has been driving me nuts for ages. your pit pose is more than i couldve hoped. so good. SO good!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
OK GUYS
Sorry for the delay, had to take care of some other stuff. But it's done!

You will find the alternate CSP for Retro Pit in the download links posted before and on the main post as well.
I dunno, it kinda sums up how much of a derp he is in general.
I know right? When I saw the finished CSP I thought it looked good enough, but well, luckily moving his neck isn't that big of a deal anyway. Now we can all enjoy the final result.

If you liked the first version of the CSP, don't worry, you'll find that one on the pack as well.

It actually took me a while to finish with Pit, and I had to design the arrow and the glowing rings from scratch. It was the first time working on something like that so I'm excited that everything went well.
luddoj, pits not even my favorite character but the lack of an appropriately "pit" pose has been driving me nuts for ages. your pit pose is more than i couldve hoped. so good. SO good!
Thanks! The main reason I put so much effort into Pit was for that same reason! I was tired of not having a Pit CSP that actually looked cool. I'm not saying that mine's better than the rest (after all, it's just a matter of preference) but I prefer to include more of Pit's weaponry because, just as Link, they are the key points of the character.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I might be uploading some alternate poses later tonight. It's not a 100% sure but I will try.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
So, I mentioned before that maybe I was going to be able to upload some alternate poses for some of my already finished characters. I thought, since alternates are not as important right now (since I have to take care of other characters yet to be designed) how about I updated the thread with a new character instead?

Bowser:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xy3qq1xvxlldend/AAB_RrVT6Bn2P_i1arTY_zIZa?dl=0

I always had trouble modelling Bowser, but I was finally able to find a pose that I actually liked, and it wasn't easy. The problem with this guy is that, since he's too bulky and big, finding a pose that fits into the CSP margins, while at the same time trying to make him look cool , is a real challenge.

Overall I'm happy because I managed to update the thread with two new characters and, though it took quite some time, i was all worth it.

Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be greatly appreaciated.
I guess I'll be posting the alternates I mentioned tomorrow.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
@ Luddoj Luddoj This stuff is looking better and better! Bowser looks amazing :)
Thanks for the praise! I feel like I have already established my own style and it reflects on my CSPs. I have found my own pattern and my own way of doing things, so I'll problably stick with it until the end of this project. Of course, I'll always take any chance I have to improve so I can keep my content improving and looking better as time goes by. I'm really excited to see that people actually care about my work and that also my thread has reached far more people than I expected at first.

I'm really happy with how Bowser turned out, as I always had problems with his design due to his size and all that stuff. At least now I feel more confident about my decision, seeing as how you mentioned you like him too.
Peach next, rite? :33

(Take your time, I just always want more Peach stuff.)
I'm having troubles with some characters, and Peach is one of them. I already had her pose ready way back, but as soon as I put her into CSP format, it didn't look as good as I had pictured her.

Since you are a Peach fan, maybe you could help by proposing poses or giving me ideas o how to deisgn her. If I had any idea on how to procceed with her, I would have finished her set a long ago.

The same thing happened with Fox and Falco. I'm definetely trying to release those guys' set but I can't seem to stick with a definitive pose. Plus, the fact that their alternates (64 Fox and Falco) look so different from their Brawl models makes things harder. Some times I can create a really good Brawl Fox/Falco pose, but when I try the same on 64 Fox/Falco it looks terrible. I will also accept suggestions for those guys if anyone is interested.

Overall, if I'm taking a long time to release a certain character, it's normally because of:
- Lack of inspiration
- Technical difficulties with the models
- The character is too hard to model and will demand more time to actually create something good.

As soon as I'm happy with a Peach pose I'll finish her set. For more news about her and other characters, and the build in general, please check the thread often. Thanks!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I was working today on some SSS modding and I also updated the SSS with a new Preview design. Check them out:

I also added my custom logo and fixed my Ditto CSPs since last time. now you can catch a glimpse at how they would really look like:

I consider the new previews to be much better than to actually put the words "Starter" "Counter-Pick" and "Banned" on the center of the image, as it basically blocks the entire view of the stage. As the new SSS design features a little blank space between the stage name and the icon, I considered that to be the perfect space to place the stage legality.

Also, since this build is meant to be tournament ready, I have added some striking instructions ready for tournaments.

I would like to hear your opinions and what changes would you make to make the interface look better.
I'll go back to character modelling later.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
These have to be some of the best CSPs I've seen, awesome work! When can we expect a release of the stage previews with the text?

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Luddoj, we don't deserve you.

1) Ready to Fight bar isn't intrusive which is awesome. Have you tried it being purple to match all the other purple? Looks great as is but would be curious to see.

2) THANK YOU for using "Counter" instead of "Counterpick", I always found it weird. Why not make them both the same, and "Counter" sounds better than "Starterpick" so there you have it. I'm assuming that the banned ones say so?

3) Not gonna lie, when I saw the new "tab" design with the preview image the first thing I thought was how perfect a spot it is for the legality icon. Looks fantastic.

4) Are you thinking about adding the the "Y: Strike Banned" instruction?

5) Nit-picky, but it looks like the yellow/green borders are different in shape and thickness compared to the red borders. Is this just prototype?

6) Your CSS icon is cool but a little clashy. There are already so many fonts on the page. I see that your icon has the font style of SM64 (I think) and that's cool, but maybe one that's updated with the new 3.5 font would look hella flashy. Just a thought.

7) I really like symmetry in design. Maybe for your final build you could rearrange the stagelist so it's vertically symmetrical with regard to the stage legality. Maybe not a huge deal because of the fluidity of the stagelist in tournaments. Can't wait for it to eventually settle.

8) I have mixed feelings about greyscaling banned previews. I think it pulls away some of the colour, one of PM's great improvements over Brawl, and we're already highlighting "STOP THIS IS BANNED" with the red border.

You're a rockstar.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
These have to be some of the best CSPs I've seen, awesome work! When can we expect a release of the stage previews with the text?
Luddoj, we don't deserve you.

1) Ready to Fight bar isn't intrusive which is awesome. Have you tried it being purple to match all the other purple? Looks great as is but would be curious to see.

2) THANK YOU for using "Counter" instead of "Counterpick", I always found it weird. Why not make them both the same, and "Counter" sounds better than "Starterpick" so there you have it. I'm assuming that the banned ones say so?

3) Not gonna lie, when I saw the new "tab" design with the preview image the first thing I thought was how perfect a spot it is for the legality icon. Looks fantastic.

4) Are you thinking about adding the the "Y: Strike Banned" instruction?

5) Nit-picky, but it looks like the yellow/green borders are different in shape and thickness compared to the red borders. Is this just prototype?

6) Your CSS icon is cool but a little clashy. There are already so many fonts on the page. I see that your icon has the font style of SM64 (I think) and that's cool, but maybe one that's updated with the new 3.5 font would look hella flashy. Just a thought.

7) I really like symmetry in design. Maybe for your final build you could rearrange the stagelist so it's vertically symmetrical with regard to the stage legality. Maybe not a huge deal because of the fluidity of the stagelist in tournaments. Can't wait for it to eventually settle.

8) I have mixed feelings about greyscaling banned previews. I think it pulls away some of the colour, one of PM's great improvements over Brawl, and we're already highlighting "STOP THIS IS BANNED" with the red border.

You're a rockstar.
Allow me talk about all these points:
1) The "Ready to Fight" bar has been edited to show more of the CSPs and don't block them, which will allow me to go wild with the size of my images without fear of them being blocked or cut-off. It flashes, and goes through a cycle of many colors. I just happened to snap the picture when it was flashing orange. Other colors are red, yellow and blue (if I'm not mistaken)

2) I prefer the word "counter" as "counter pick" whichever way you decide to design it, will end up blocking too much of the preview and also adds "pick" to the phrase, which, in my opinion, is unnecesary. Also, using "Counter" allows me to fit the entire word on the little tab, so it's all good.

4) I don't think I'm going to add that, since I don't have more space to add more stuff into the SSS Instructions, and reducing the font size or the GC Buttons is going to mess up their quality and they won't look good. Maybe I can replace the Z button instructions with the Y ones. I've seen that other people just mention the Striking Button :GCX:and nothing else. The idea of adding the Z button was to be different from the rest and also to help those with no idea of how to unstrike stages.

5/8) About the red borders not being the same as the green and yelow ones, that's just because they are just placeholders. I simply moved my files from my previous PM Build into the new one and replaced only the Starter and Counter stages previews and icons. Same goes to the grayscaled icons. My final build will have the red borders like the rest and the icons will have color so don't worry about that.

6) For the CSS logo I used the exact same font and sources from my current Avatar. I did replace the words "Custom Build" from the old 3.2 font to the new 3.5 font, and added a metal effect to it.

7) I'll definetely edit the current code to fix stages according to their legality, so probably I will end up having starter stages on the bottom and counter stages on top. All banned ones will be moved to the other page. At least that's my plan.

Oh, and about being able to download the files, since there's curretly no official stage list, I'm being a little reluctant to actually upload them, since different people will have different thoughts about the legality of the stages and I would have to create many different sets to please everyone. Also, I'm still testing with font size, word placement and effects, I just wanted people to look at the current state of the SSS and comment on it, so I can get some ideas to make it look better. I'm actually waiting until a definitive stage list is decided. As soon as that happens I will upload my complete set of Stage Icons and Previews.

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Awesome points man. Glad to hear about the placeholders, the SSS layout, and the Fight bar.

The legality set has the potential to be so big too. Some stages like GHZ have been banned/counter/starter in different packs, it's hard to create an extensive list of all possibilities.

I wouldn't hold my breath about a unified stage list. The lack of PM at Apex means we're going to have to wait a while for PM to be at a National, and people will never stop coming up with reasons as to why X stage should be Y legality.

Narpas_sword

The point of discussing legality is to avoid the 'bottom row starter, middle row cp' lazy mode that TO's came to use.

Either way, i think @ Luddoj Luddoj should make a new topic for custom build things, to keep his CSP factory separate.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey luddoj, i love what youve done with your CSS. everything looks a lot clearer and i love the lack of a ready-bar; i think im just too used to it now to really imagine a match without that sudden beam coming up but it looks great regardless!

i was curious as to how you managed to get the CSS character icons to get rid of that text that makes it harder to see them (we dont need you to tell us that the yellow mouse is pikachu, guys)
what did you do to get rid of that text? any help would be super rad of you man :D

Narpas_sword

hey luddoj, i love what youve done with your CSS. everything looks a lot clearer and i love the lack of a ready-bar; i think im just too used to it now to really imagine a match without that sudden beam coming up but it looks great regardless!

i was curious as to how you managed to get the CSS character icons to get rid of that text that makes it harder to see them (we dont need you to tell us that the yellow mouse is pikachu, guys)
what did you do to get rid of that text? any help would be super rad of you man :D

from page 4

If you mean how to completely remove the name tags from the css icons (not the CSPs) then go to common5 (with Brawlbox) --> sc_selcharacter_en --> Misc[30] --> AnmChr -->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change nameEA7's Y translation to -100.

My apologies if I misunderstood by any chance.
@ Luddoj Luddoj , you should put that in the OP.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
The point of discussing legality is to avoid the 'bottom row starter, middle row cp' lazy mode that TO's came to use.

Either way, i think @ Luddoj Luddoj should make a new topic for custom build things, to keep his CSP factory separate.
CSPs are definetely the most popular thing here on this thread, but Project M customization also means Stages and Menus, so from time to time I like to share my experiments with previews and icons, and hear opinions on the matter. After all, people will be able to download my pack of Icons and Previews for tourney, just in case they don't want to download the entire build.

Either way, everything is sorted and organized in the OP so if you're looking for CSPs, or Stage Mods or whatever I update the thread with later, you will find it easily by checking that.

Thanks!
Yeah, my intention when creating my CSS the way they are right now was to get rid of the character names that were redundant and that really limited the amount of character portrait I could show.

To get rid of that, go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y
That will get rid of those pesky names.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet

I'm having troubles with some characters, and Peach is one of them. I already had her pose ready way back, but as soon as I put her into CSP format, it didn't look as good as I had pictured her.

Since you are a Peach fan, maybe you could help by proposing poses or giving me ideas o how to deisgn her. If I had any idea on how to procceed with her, I would have finished her set a long ago.

The same thing happened with Fox and Falco. I'm definetely trying to release those guys' set but I can't seem to stick with a definitive pose. Plus, the fact that their alternates (64 Fox and Falco) look so different from their Brawl models makes things harder. Some times I can create a really good Brawl Fox/Falco pose, but when I try the same on 64 Fox/Falco it looks terrible. I will also accept suggestions for those guys if anyone is interested.

Overall, if I'm taking a long time to release a certain character, it's normally because of:
- Lack of inspiration
- Technical difficulties with the models
- The character is too hard to model and will demand more time to actually create something good.

As soon as I'm happy with a Peach pose I'll finish her set. For more news about her and other characters, and the build in general, please check the thread often. Thanks!
As a dedicated Peach Fan/Main, I will jump right on that; the Dip part of her Down Taunt might be good, as well as the part of her entrance animation where she waves and winks.

Otherwise, I'm workingnon examples as we speak! :33

Narpas_sword

please dont make peach look like a sickly princess with kisses and winks.

make her pull a turnip and have a expression like shes going to hold your face in a lawnmower.
because that about sums up her down smash

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
you should put that in the OP.
You're right. I'll add that right now for future references. However, not many people read the OP, they just click on the SPOILER tab and check the CSPs :laugh:
As a dedicated Peach Fan/Main, I will jump right on that; the Dip part of her Down Taunt might be good, as well as the part of her entrance animation where she waves and winks.

Otherwise, I'm workingnon examples as we speak! :33
Her entrance animation could actually work. Her taunt, not so much, since is too cliché and it's basically the first thing you could come up when thinking about a CSP pose. I think we can create something better.

Please feel free to submit pictures of descriptions if you want me to use them as examples. Kinda like what happened with Samus, who ended up getting 2 poses, and one of them was inspired by a picture. I don't mind, because I always give my CSPs my own touch and they won't ever be exact copies.

I'll work on Peach again when I have time. I'll try that entrance animation and decide whether it looks good or not in CSP format. Still, If you have more ideas please share them with me.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
All the information concerning CSS Name removal is now in the OP.
Also, since the thread is becoming more and more popular (which is a great thing!) I'm going to work on flashy thread designs and headers to make this project look more polished. Presentation is important, and I want to appeal to more people.

Also, a little notice: I'll be attending a tourney this Thursday. I'll slow down on updates because I will be polishing my skills. There's some cash on the line and who doesn't want that? I will be answering your questions and replying to your comments so please, keep posting here. I'm always checking SmashBoards and other threads so it is almost guaranteed that you will be able to contact me.

Finally, since a lot of characters are giving me problems (like Marth and Pika) and I still don't know how to model some of them (like Peach) I decided to focus on alternate poses. The ones that are bound to be replaced are Mario, Link, Captain Falcon, Ness and Wario. Let's start with the one that was desperately needing an alternate, since every darn pose on the entire internet featured the same exact pose I used.

Wario:

The old download link for Wario has been updated to include all theses CSPs (with their respectives BPs and CSS Icon)
Please check the OP for more details on that.

And so we begin! Actually, working on alternates is going to be easy, so I'll be back with new characters soon. For now, please enjoy.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
"I'm struggling with something, so instead of taking a break from the project I'm going to work on other stuff"

You're a real piece of work, you know that?

This Wario CSP is perfect. It shows off his mischievous attitude as well as looking a lot like his Shoulder Charge!

Hopefully your tournament practice pays off!

And as always, you're a beauty. Really steaming through this project.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I'm glad you liked it! I hope more people do too. I went for the shoulder charge type pose because it's another Wario staple, and I haven't seen any around so I thought "well maybe now it's the time to make one"

I also don't plan to take a break, at least not yet. Yeah, sometimes I feel like not worrying about creating CSPs and modelling characters could help me focus on other topics going on in my life, but I'm really enjoying the entire project, the support, the hype, and the fact that I'm learning new stuff day by day. My ultimate goal is to create a really amazing (and competitive) build and then focus on requested content, so everyone can be happy.

Also, I'm hoping for my PMDT Sempais to notice me and let me assist them in one way or another. Hopefully one day, that has become one of my goals since so many people have mentioned it!

Once again thanks for the support and the praise. It really makes me want to keep pushing forward.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
SOJ liked one of my posts earlier in the thread so I'd say they're at least keeping an eye on the project!

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Luddoj Luddoj i was wondering....i see it seems like you keep on excelling in skill with these poses and models for your CSPs. What made you want to start doing these and how did you start.? I wanted to try to see if i could begin something of the sort.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
SOJ liked one of my posts earlier in the thread so I'd say they're at least keeping an eye on the project!
I noticed that too! He also seemed interested in my post about CSS and SSS organization since he also liked that post.
I'm glad. Even Nanobuds took the time the check my humble work and even comment on the matter.
Seeing how very important members check the thread and also comment on the matter get me anxious to finish this porject and improve every time a little more!
Can't wait for Ganondorf
My boy Ganon (and the rest of the Zelda cast) should be done next, since Fire Emblem, Star Fox and Kirby characters are out of the question, at least for now.

I'm currently working on Link's alternate pose. Since you are asking for Ganon (and no one is asking for Shiek, Zelda or Toon Fairy Boy) I'll work on him first.
Hey @ Luddoj Luddoj i was wondering....i see it seems like you keep on excelling in skill with these poses and models for your CSPs. What made you want to start doing these and how did you start.? I wanted to try to see if i could begin something of the sort.
Ok, it's story time kids:

I was just a regular guy who liked Smash. Melee, to be precise, since it's the game I have played longer. I am an old school Brawl player, used to play competitively, but actually lost interest in the game and got back to Melee. I have played this game since the year 2004, and never actually created a SmashBoards account (stupid, since I knew the site existed, I just never actually realized how useful and fun it was, plus, I didn't understand forums so why bother?)

With Brawl I discovered you could easily mod that game and change character textures, stages, music, text, CSPs, BPs, Names, etc. That was incredibly amazing for me. You could create your own version of SSBB? Amazing.

I became sort of obsessed with that, learning how to master Brawl Box little by little. My friends just wanted textures, but I wanted to customize EVERYTHING. I managed to edit and entire Brawl SD and my friends told me I had talent and that I should keep creating content... for our group only. I never knew there were other people going even farther on the subject and improving even more, discovering new ways to mod properly and improving in quality overall.

Fast forward to Project M 3.02 release (yes, that was the first Project M I played, since prior to that I didn't even knew the game existed) with that I also discovered that you could actually mod the game, and that basically you were supposed to, to add neat content like tournament stage previews and stuff of the sort.

When I got this idea of uploading Smash Melee/Project M videos to Youtube and stick with just a single username around the web (Luddoj) I created this SmashBoards account and a Brawl Vault account... And that's when I noticed the work of people like the Smash 3 Team, SJS, or those who actually have or had threads dedicated to CSP production and other customized sources for PM modding. That inspired me. I thought "wow these guys are so amazing, look at that quality. Look at the amazing designs." Instead of just waiting for updates and showing my support (which I still do BTW) I wanted to learn and be one of them, a content creator. Someone who could give the community something awesome for them to enjoy. I wanted to help. I wanted to make my contribution. And thus, I began making simple models on Brawl Box, learning to do stuff in Photoshop and learn from my superiors. My original designs were awful, and I struggled with things like the lighting, the poses, the effects, the sizes, etc. I look back in time and ask me "how could I consider those to actually be good?"

It was all a matter of dedication and eagerness to keep pushing forward and improving. Let me tell you, being a one man team is not easy, and not many people offer to help so often. Sometimes you even feel like you are expected or forced to upload content (since you already started the project) and that makes you want to resign even more, since it's not fun anymore. That was sorta what happened with my last attempt at a Custom Build and CSP Workshop. Almost nobody noticed it and I wasn't improving because I was creating rushed content just for the sake of updates. That's why I made my mind and started this new thread, and well.... Here I am now.

What I learned fro Project M modding actually made me go even deeper and learn how to mod Melee, my favorite game. I have even created content for the 20XX Build:
(Yeah, I made that texture, and I also created that CSP by literally PAINTING OVER IT in Photoshop)

And some other texture hacks and CSP for my main:

(Once again, yes, those CSPs were made on Photoshop by painting over the original design)

Why do I tell you about this? Because even though I don't have pro skills on Brawl Box or Photoshop, I just found another way around things for me to achieve what I wanted with so much passion. I still have A TON of techiques to learn and a lot of improvement to do. But I actually want to improve and that desire is what is keeping me still in the CSP and Custom Build construction game. If not, I think I would have stopped doing this a long time ago. I do it for myself and I share it with the world. If I wasn't doing it for myself, well, it wouldn't be worth it. It wouldn't be fun.

So yeah, it's actually a time consuming process and it's hard if you're on your own, but it's very satisfaying once you start. You just got to keep it like that.

Sorry for the long post, and for the guys not interested at all on my story, sorry for the pointless post. I just wanted to share my story since I had the time and also since somebody asked. I'll have more updates PROBABLY later today. As stated before, I'm working on alternates. So if your main or favorite character is Captain Falcon, Mario, Link or Ness, you might get a nice surprise soon.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Just a heads up: the OP has been updated with bigger, polished headers for each section, as well as a nice Title Picture.

I'm currently working on alternate poses and also on character headers, to make the character presentation as cool as CSPs. Of course, I guess I'll do one for character each day. I hope you enjoy those little details.

Plus, I'm going to edit my signature to include new aspects and reflect how the updated thread looks. Hopefully that will drag more attention to this project!

Sempai

Smash Ace
Just a heads up: the OP has been updated with bigger, polished headers for each section, as well as a nice Title Picture.

I'm currently working on alternate poses and also on character headers, to make the character presentation as cool as CSPs. Of course, I guess I'll do one for character each day. I hope you enjoy those little details.

Plus, I'm going to edit my signature to include new aspects and reflect how the updated thread looks. Hopefully that will drag more attention to this project!
Great work Luddoj, your progress is astounding.
I know you have a ton of work ahead of you and I dont want to rush you, but as soon as you get some Mars/Maritime/Minty CSPs done, Ill put them in my build and of course credit you.
That might help spread around the word of your work as well, more people def. need to see what your doing :)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Great work Luddoj, your progress is astounding.
I know you have a ton of work ahead of you and I dont want to rush you, but as soon as you get some Mars/Maritime/Minty CSPs done, Ill put them in my build and of course credit you.
That might help spread around the word of your work as well, more people def. need to see what your doing :)
Thanks about that! I'll probably start accepting requests for RE-TEXTURES ONLY very soon. since I'm going to reach 20 characters already designed! Working with extra models won't be possible for the time being since they will require more time to make. So, for example, requesting a OOT Link Purple Tunic CSP will be accepted. Asking me to model his Zora/Magic armor will not. The same goes for the rest of the characters I have already modelled. I will give more information of that in the future, when I feel ready to accept requests.

Also, as stated before, I wanted to update the thread visually, especially the OP which now has nifty titles for each section, so you won't be missing the information displayed on them. I have also updated the OP to show every single CSS/SSS design concept included in previous posts made randomly by me. So if you want to check more information on the final Build that I will release once CSPs are done, please check that section too. I will be updating that part everytime I have more information to share with you.

As promised, I have started working on character presentation banners. Please check that too! Now finding characters will be much more easy! Please keep in mind that I'm still missing a lot of them, and I'll try to work on them as soon as I can.

I have finished another set of alternate poses for already designed characters!

You already know it, the download link has been updated to include these new CSPs. Download them now!

I want to give credit to the user @E.C.H.O. for offering to help me, from now on, with BP and CSS Icon designs.

THIS PART IS IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

E.C.H.O. will be in charge of BPs and CSS Icons from now on. That will leave me with more time to focus on models and CSPs. Keep in mind though, that our styles ARE NOT THE SAME, and that WE WORK WITH DIFFERENT SETTINGS.

As an example, take a look at how my (now old) CSS Icons Looked and how his CSS Icons look:
Luddoj
E.C.H.O.

Big difference, uh?
He is currently working on BPs and CSS Icons for each and every character, and he is being very precise and careful with that task. BPs and CSS Icons will now have equal sizes and won't have different margins.

The following characters have been updated with E.C.H.O.'s works:
- Mario
- Captain Falcon (New Pose)
- Lucas
- Donkey Kong
- Bowser
- Wario (Both Versions)
- Pit

MORE CHARACTERS ARE GOING TO HAVE THEIR BPs AND CSS ICONS UPDATED SOON! I'LL KEEP THE THREAD INFORMED ABOUT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Please check the download links and you will find the new, improved and more organized version of file arrangement on my Dropbox Folder. I'll be arranging files like that from now on.

To end this post, let me update you on the current state of the project:
- Alternate CSPs ready: Link, Ness (Will be released soon)
- Alternate CSPs planned for later/are giving me too much troubles due to lack of imagination: Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic
- Characters that are finished but have technical difficulties:
1) Marth (Alternate Costumes, expecting a Brawl Box update or another fix)
2) Pikachu (Trainer Red Hat Costume, expecting a Brawl Box update or another fix)
3) Peach (Lack of inspiration for a CSP pose)
4) Fox and Falco (having problems with additional models like blasters and stuff of the sort)
5) Characters not mentioned here have not being designed at all.

I hate being stuck and not being able to update the thread with new content. As soon as I'm done with Alternate CSPs I'll focus on new characters, starting from Ganondorf. The next one should be Peach, if I find a pose that could actually work for her.

WELL, THAT WAS QUITE A LOT, WASN'T IT?
I hope you're liking this improvement on the situation of the project. As always, leave feedback and your opinions. Spread the word and support the project by constantly checking the thread.

That's all for today and, as always, see you with more news on the next update!

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
too much hype. you guys are literally cleaning up details on the FORUM. god damn the attention to detail is too good

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
too much hype. you guys are literally cleaning up details on the FORUM. god damn the attention to detail is too good
I'm really planning to make this project look as professional as I can, that also means taking care of details on the thread. If new visitors check the colorful banners, high quality CSPs, download links and titles that separate each section to keep stuff in order, they are going to get the feeling that this project is worth their time. I hope more and more people get the chance to notice that we are actually trying to improve the Project M 3.5 experience to make it better than it already is.

Thanks for the praise and I'm really glad you liked the new additions. Expect more updates tomorrow!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Mind if I make a suggestion, at least for the BPs? Replacing the files is extremely tedious, it'd be nice to have them as InfFace files. At the very least, the PNG files for BPs and CSPs would be a lot easier to work with if they had the names from within the game files rather than the costume colors etc.

If that's too much of a hassle, no worries. If you want, I can even do that for you, since I'm exclusively using your works for my new build.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Mind if I make a suggestion, at least for the BPs? Replacing the files is extremely tedious, it'd be nice to have them as InfFace files. At the very least, the PNG files for BPs and CSPs would be a lot easier to work with if they had the names from within the game files rather than the costume colors etc.

If that's too much of a hassle, no worries. If you want, I can even do that for you, since I'm exclusively using your works for my new build.
Having them be InfFace files would be kind of tedious though, since that would mean replacing the .png pictures with Brawl Box, then extracting the new InfFace file, and then compiling all that in the DropBox folder. I could at least upload the .png files to actually have the number they are supposed to replace, instead of the names of the costumes.

It would be great if you could share your already replaced InfFace files for me to upload on the official download links. You can send them to me via PM here on SmashBoards.

Oh and thanks for prefering my stuff! I'm really flattered!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Having them be InfFace files would be kind of tedious though, since that would mean replacing the .png pictures with Brawl Box, then extracting the new InfFace file, and then compiling all that in the DropBox folder. I could at least upload the .png files to actually have the number they are supposed to replace, instead of the names of the costumes.

It would be great if you could share your already replaced InfFace files for me to upload on the official download links. You can send them to me via PM here on SmashBoards.

Oh and thanks for prefering my stuff! I'm really flattered!
No problem, I'll zip them up and send them over tomorrow.

Top Bottom