• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Have you been doing this all alone?
I guess things are easier to track that way.

Thanks
(demise for life XD)
Yup, well I wouldn't say entirely on my own, the build is much more different now from what I had in mind when I first started thanks to everyone's feedback and ideas, it's been a blast! Also to say this build wouldn't even be standing if not the the community as a whole with Project M, the 10/10 textures and mod's out there, basically just the love of the smash community keeps me fired up!

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
You're right, actually. Any modder who's had help would agree, even me.

Cheers~ Let's see what our works will do for the community ^ ^

MagicManNo9

Hey Codex. Could you upload and PM me the Melee skins for Zelda and Sheik? Thanks in advance!
Okay! Sent!

Crud. Sorry for the double post. Don't worry, I fixed it. :lol:
No problem! I've done it before!

UPDATE:

I need to fix a few things for Sheik, I'm just having trouble with the Eyes at the moment, once that has past I'll be able upload the final piece!

My first attempt at rendering, hope it turned out okay but again sorry for the delay people and will solve it when I get back from my trip tomorrow. (I hope I can fix it, just an eye issue with the model exporting in case anyone wonders)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
HOLY ****ING CRAP THAT SHEIK RENDER IS FANTASTIC

CAN YOU DO A KIRBY RENDER THAT ACTUALLY EXPRESSES KIRBY PLS (NOT SMASH 4, SJS, BRAWL, MELEE, OR 64 POSE SINCE THEY DONT ACTUALLY SHOW KIRBYNESS)

oh no i double posted cri

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

HOLY ****ING CRAP THAT SHEIK RENDER IS FANTASTIC

CAN YOU DO A KIRBY RENDER THAT ACTUALLY EXPRESSES KIRBY PLS (NOT SMASH 4, SJS, BRAWL, MELEE, OR 64 POSE SINCE THEY DONT ACTUALLY SHOW KIRBYNESS)

oh no i double posted cri
Funny enough I had to make another render because of updated Textures and cleaning it all up so here it is!

I'll get to doing a Kirby at a later date and hopefully pull off the glorious Kirbyness you desire~

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay! Fixed the issues I've had since yesterday and finally made the first release! I hope people like! Also this will replace the Impa part on Sheik's sections so that's also bonus on my build's side~

Another small update is that I'll be doing two versions of the Random Icon, first one being the Ditto and the second an updated ? icon based on Smash4:

On that note I should return to my usual routine on working on the build!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Funny enough I had to make another render because of updated Textures and cleaning it all up so here it is!

I'll get to doing a Kirby at a later date and hopefully pull off the glorious Kirbyness you desire~

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay! Fixed the issues I've had since yesterday and finally made the first release! I hope people like! Also this will replace the Impa part on Sheik's sections so that's also bonus on my build's side~

Another small update is that I'll be doing two versions of the Random Icon, first one being the Ditto and the second an updated ? icon based on Smash4:

On that note I should return to my usual routine on working on the build!
Keep that ? in your main build. Great Sheik render by the way.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I got two things to say, an idea and request. As an idea, if you go for Goddess Dress Zelda as DLC, maybe you can make a white/black version of the Skyward Sword styled Sheik to mimic the simplistic design of Zelda's Dress with it being a simple white dress. For the request, I want to see the Groose over Ganondorf mod doing the CSP pose that you used for Ganondorf. You don't need to make it a DLC costume, I merely just want to see Groose doing that pose.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Keep that ? in your main build. Great Sheik render by the way.
Thanks! And I think I shall! Really like the style of it! And shall move Ditto to the DLC plans"

View attachment 23557
Can't we have Sakurai as the random icon?
View attachment 23557
Can't we have Sakurai as the random icon?
Oh God, I'm going to have to do this, Sakurai confirmed for Random icon DLC!

I got two things to say, an idea and request. As an idea, if you go for Goddess Dress Zelda as DLC, maybe you can make a white/black version of the Skyward Sword styled Sheik to mimic the simplistic design of Zelda's Dress with it being a simple white dress. For the request, I want to see the Groose over Ganondorf mod doing the CSP pose that you used for Ganondorf. You don't need to make it a DLC costume, I merely just want to see Groose doing that pose.
For the idea, I love it, makes working on the Skyward Sword Sheik even more worth it for the DLC, as for the second, I'll get onto that tommorow just for laughs, seeing Groose doing that pose is gold!

MEGA UPDATE:

This is an update in regards to EVERYTHING.

I was sat down earlier debugging things here and there and after some thought I decided to do a re-work of Mario's CSP which really ended up turning out to be an all out mini project I did and decided after I finished it I wanted to go all out on all CSP's once more.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm going to do another update to everything, will be updating the front page again soon but for now let me show you what I'm getting at here:

I had to re-work Mario for two reasons, firstly, I didn't like the first one I worked on as you can see here:

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Well there's the render of Mario, the new CSP version which I based on the Smash4 Design, since I based it on Smash4's style as a side note I used the flame from Smash4 Mario, and if anyone has seen gameplay of Smash4 they'll notice that Mario's CSP in that doesn't have the flame so I did two versions:

A version without the flame:
And a version with the flame:
I didn't stop there either, I'm taking everything into consideration:

Now that I'm on the topic of Mario, let's not forget his Dr Mario alt!
As I said before, I'm not going to leave out anything:

And in case people ask, yes this did take a very time to pull off, a whole day to be exact! ...I'm not done though as I had to take another thing to consideration, when I first started people asked about Dr Mario's CSP if it'll be the same as Mario's or it's own so I thought about that and:

I made a Dr Mario alt Pose based on Smash4! With that said:

So the big update coming from me is that I'm going to go all out on well, everything, I'll explain more into detail, as I'm at my breaking point (4:15am here) and I need to be up early haha, well I hope people like this and enjoy!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Thanks! And I think I shall! Really like the style of it! And shall move Ditto to the DLC plans"

For the idea, I love it, makes working on the Skyward Sword Sheik even more worth it for the DLC, as for the second, I'll get onto that tommorow just for laughs, seeing Groose doing that pose is gold!

MEGA UPDATE:

I was sat down earlier debugging things here and there and after some thought I decided to do a re-work of Mario's CSP which really ended up turning out to be an all out mini project I did and decided after I finished it I wanted to go all out on all CSP's once more.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm going to do another update to everything, will be updating the front page again soon but for now let me show you what I'm getting at here:

I had to re-work Mario for two reasons, firstly, I didn't like the first one I worked on as you can see here:

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Well there's the render of Mario, the new CSP version which I based on the Smash4 Design, since I based it on Smash4's style as a side note I used the flame from Smash4 Mario, and if anyone has seen gameplay of Smash4 they'll notice that Mario's CSP in that doesn't have the flame so I did two versions:

And in case people ask, yes this did take a very time to pull off, a whole day to be exact! ...I'm not done though as I had to take another thing to consideration, when I first started people asked about Dr Mario's CSP if it'll be the same as Mario's or it's own so I thought about that and:

So the big update coming from me is that I'm going to go all out on well, everything, I'll explain more into detail, as I'm at my breaking point (4:15am here) and I need to be up early haha, well I hope people like this and enjoy!
This is fantastic. Keep the Flame Mario, and use the Sm4sh Dr. Mario please.

PLEASE

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9
I did a quick edit to your SS Sheik skin. Here's an image of it.

All I did was just make 4 body textures black and white through paint.net with some minor editing to make sure that the fingers aren't effected by the color change. Looks nice enough and provides a nice contrast to the very white SS Zelda.

Also, I don't mean to sound annoying but could you PM me the Melee Sheik skin that you made edits too. I don't need the Melee Zelda though since I'm satisfied with the OOT3D Zelda.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Stopping by to say I really like that Sheik! The model edits really help make it unique.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
I've been stalking this thread forever i really love what you've done so far holy cow

if i might make one suggestion it's that wario has a bunch of great costumes based off of "Wario: Master of Disguise" that would be good to replace some of the non-canon costumes he has, there's a couple good ones on brawlvault but the hitboxes or something were janky idk i don't use them they're broken

or maybe even something like zombie wario from wario land would be cool idk i love this project so much

also if robot ness doesn't work (or can't be dlc even tho i love robot ness) maybe a ghost ness?

OOH and a good old snake bc all the brawlvault ones are **** and project m already has a big boss snake

i'm sorry idk

Rasko

Smash Apprentice

MEGA UPDATE:

BEFORE:
AFTER:

You are incredibly talented! My only concern is will you be retexturing the legal stages? What stages will you be replacing/retexturing? Since I will be using Tkbreezy's tourney pack for Project M v3.02 & v3.5 when 3.5 releases.

MagicManNo9

This is fantastic. Keep the Flame Mario, and use the Sm4sh Dr. Mario please.

PLEASE
Well the good thing I'm providing multiple versions to give people the choice on what they want in the build so you don't have to worry on that!

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9
I did a quick edit to your SS Sheik skin. Here's an image of it.

All I did was just make 4 body textures black and white through paint.net with some minor editing to make sure that the fingers aren't effected by the color change. Looks nice enough and provides a nice contrast to the very white SS Zelda.

Also, I don't mean to sound annoying but could you PM me the Melee Sheik skin that you made edits too. I don't need the Melee Zelda though since I'm satisfied with the OOT3D Zelda.
Ohhh that's a nice touch, I might try that out, might add a bit of gold to the belt to give off the same feeling SS white zelda has as well.

Oh and don't worry! If anyone wants anything from the build that isn't out I'll be more than happy to provide! I'll send over the Melee Sheik right now!

Stopping by to say I really like that Sheik! The model edits really help make it unique.
Thanks man! That means a lot to me to hear that! Glad people are liking the Sheik costume!

I've been stalking this thread forever i really love what you've done so far holy cow

if i might make one suggestion it's that wario has a bunch of great costumes based off of "Wario: Master of Disguise" that would be good to replace some of the non-canon costumes he has, there's a couple good ones on brawlvault but the hitboxes or something were janky idk i don't use them they're broken

or maybe even something like zombie wario from wario land would be cool idk i love this project so much

also if robot ness doesn't work (or can't be dlc even tho i love robot ness) maybe a ghost ness?

OOH and a good old snake bc all the brawlvault ones are **** and project m already has a big boss snake

i'm sorry idk
Firstly thanks for the support! I might have to look into Wario's costumes and see, I really like the Master of Disguise costumes in that game.

I'm actually hoping for someone to make a Ghost Ness funny enough, if I get good enough I'll give it a shot myself. I will say that Robot Ness and Zombie Wario are on the DLC list I have planned out, how the DLC packs will be released after the main one is done I think.

Iirc I know there is one gooood old Snake costume somewhere, I'll need to check again and if not I'll clean one up for the build, that and the glorious PM's Big Boss costume is really nice so I'll be sure to get that in.

You are incredibly talented! My only concern is will you be retexturing the legal stages? What stages will you be replacing/retexturing? Since I will be using Tkbreezy's tourney pack for Project M v3.02 & v3.5 when 3.5 releases.
Thanks! I will not be retexturing stages I don't think, funny you should mention that because I'm going to be creating three builds, a first one which will have (If I can get ASL working) a build with the stage expansion + Advance stage loader of chosen stages I picked out (I have a list but I want to get characters done first) a second build which will have the default PM build just with the costumes and TKBreezy's Tourney pack with the costumes added in, I hope that helps!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Will be doing Wolf's costumes tonight but for now, here's today's character update, for those that don't know I'm doing an update on all characters I have currently, yesterday was Mario with Dr Mario's alt and today, shall be Luigi's time to shine:

Well here's Luigi's render, getting that pose took surprisingly more time than I imagined, not to mention Luigi has two sets of skin tones which you won't even notice but can be difficult to work around.

Same costumes as before, this time I replaced the Space outfit with the new Dealer Luigi outfit from the Super Mario 64 DS remake:
I remember people asking me about Ice Luigi and Flying Luigi, for that I decided to give my own treatment to it and brawlified it a bit so this is the result in which they'll be placed to the optional section for when the release is out:

I don't think I have much else to add onto Luigi's section, the front page is about 50% updated and cleaned so I'll be finishing up on that then working on Wolf I think.

EDIT:

Also here's a random Groose with Ganon's pose as requested, won't be DLC but just put that together for laughs:

ALSO Random Icons:

Will have different colors in case anyone wonders~

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
These full body renders are pretty great looking, do you plan on using these large renders for the classic mode images?

Also, since the rig for Groose didn't match the Ganon CSP well enough, I made my own image for him.

Wasn't able to get the exact pose but it's close enough:

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
Wow Codex, you have surpassed yourself this time with those CSPs.

Also, I see you posted an Avicii/Mario remix, do you like this kind of music?

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Question personally. what files control the character icons during the match and the results screen?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Question personally. what files control the character icons during the match and the results screen?
The InfFace files under projectm\pf\info\portrite are what contain the battle portraits. Each InfFace file only holds one BP

The result screen portraits are under projectm\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex with the MenSelchrFaceB files being organized by character.

I'd suggest using the costume manager at http://www.lakora.us/ to make changing BPs, CSPs, and RSPs easier.

Also, @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , I'd suggest you use this mod to make the first part of Castle Siege its own stage for the build that uses Stage Expansion Pack. The first part on it's own is a pretty unique stage and since you replaced it with Arena Ferox, I feel that having just the first part as an extra stage would be a good idea.

Last edited:

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 This is really amazing!! Impressive work! Really loving the the Smash4 Doctor pose and Mario with the fire effect!!
Just a little thing though... are the pockets from Blue Doctor Mario supposed to be white :p ??

Man, you're doing huge updates in no time!! Keep up the good work! No doubt this is one of the best builds out there !

MagicManNo9

These full body renders are pretty great looking, do you plan on using these large renders for the classic mode images?

Also, since the rig for Groose didn't match the Ganon CSP well enough, I made my own image for him.

Wasn't able to get the exact pose but it's close enough:
I wasn't aware that you can change calssic mode images, but since I have the HQ renders I might actually do that, every little counts is my way!

Ahh and yeah, sorry about the positioning, one of the main issues I had with past CSP's is that I kept changing the camera angle back and forth, it's one of the reasons I actually re-did the CSPs next to going all out on them.

Also gotta love that groose render you made, just made my day.

Wow Codex, you have surpassed yourself this time with those CSPs.

Also, I see you posted an Avicii/Mario remix, do you like this kind of music?
Thanks! I keep trying to push myself every time and I'm noticing the payoff is really good, also yup, that's my kind of music~ Won't be in the build ofc but I listen to that kind of music to keep me pumped as I work on the build.

Ohhh, gotta thank alex6309 for replying when I was away! Thanks! And I hope it's all well!

The InfFace files under projectm\pf\info\portrite are what contain the battle portraits. Each InfFace file only holds one BP

The result screen portraits are under projectm\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex with the MenSelchrFaceB files being organized by character.

I'd suggest using the costume manager at http://www.lakora.us/ to make changing BPs, CSPs, and RSPs easier.

Also, @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , I'd suggest you use this mod to make the first part of Castle Siege its own stage for the build that uses Stage Expansion Pack. The first part on it's own is a pretty unique stage and since you replaced it with Arena Ferox, I feel that having just the first part as an extra stage would be a good idea.
Oh yes, I'm planning to use that funny enough.

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 This is really amazing!! Impressive work! Really loving the the Smash4 Doctor pose and Mario with the fire effect!!
Just a little thing though... are the pockets from Blue Doctor Mario supposed to be white :p ??

Man, you're doing huge updates in no time!! Keep up the good work! No doubt this is one of the best builds out there !
Funny enough I double checked Dr Mario, and it's really light blue it turns out, also thanks! I hope to make the best build possible when the final product comes to light!

No Zubatzard 0/10
Don't you worry, I'll be adding a Zubazard themed colour onto the DLC pack list I'm planning, and if there isn't one I'll make one happen.

Those new Mario and Luigi renders are amazing. Nice job as usual Codex.
Thanks man! Shall do my best keeping up the work!

DOUBLE UPDATE:

Firstly, time to finally show the wolf costumes I've picked:

:wolf: Wolf:

Picking out Wolf costumes was surprisingly more difficult then I thought but got there in the end picking out what I can.

The main highlights are the Assault costume, that was the first thing on my mind on what had to be in there, a purple costume because everyone loves Purple, the Melee outfit, which is based on the intro cinematic of Melee which I thought looked really good and ofc the PM wolf outfit.

In case people wonder's, this was a speed CSP, like the usual process I normally would go through.

As for Mario/Luigi/Dr Mario CSP's I go through a whole other process when doing the main HQ ones, because I'm just re-doing CSPs in much more detail I'm also debugging everything, testing everything and making sure costume fixes, listening back on feedback from everyone, which is time consuming but so worth the end result I think.

Speaking of that though:

Today we have here our Princess Peach update, and this render took so long (you wouldn't believe me if I said) to do, specially the skirt but anyways, I want to point out that I enjoy working on the eyes the most so there's that.

There wasn't a huge amount of detail I needed to replace/fix but I did re-work a few things:

I added Minty peach costume over the original green one, not only that I also added a crown back onto the Pauline theme'd costume and cleaned up the Sunshine peach costume.

I believe that's all I can add onto what I wanted to say about peach, I just hope people like this version of the CSP and the render overall!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I wasn't aware that you can change calssic mode images, but since I have the HQ renders I might actually do that, every little counts is my way!

Ahh and yeah, sorry about the positioning, one of the main issues I had with past CSP's is that I kept changing the camera angle back and forth, it's one of the reasons I actually re-did the CSPs next to going all out on them.

Also gotta love that groose render you made, just made my day.

Thanks! I keep trying to push myself every time and I'm noticing the payoff is really good, also yup, that's my kind of music~ Won't be in the build ofc but I listen to that kind of music to keep me pumped as I work on the build.

Ohhh, gotta thank alex6309 for replying when I was away! Thanks! And I hope it's all well!

Oh yes, I'm planning to use that funny enough.

Funny enough I double checked Dr Mario, and it's really light blue it turns out, also thanks! I hope to make the best build possible when the final product comes to light!

Don't you worry, I'll be adding a Zubazard themed colour onto the DLC pack list I'm planning, and if there isn't one I'll make one happen.

Thanks man! Shall do my best keeping up the work!

DOUBLE UPDATE:

Firstly, time to finally show the wolf costumes I've picked:

:wolf: Wolf:

Picking out Wolf costumes was surprisingly more difficult then I thought but got there in the end picking out what I can.

The main highlights are the Assault costume, that was the first thing on my mind on what had to be in there, a purple costume because everyone loves Purple, the Melee outfit, which is based on the intro cinematic of Melee which I thought looked really good and ofc the PM wolf outfit.

In case people wonder's, this was a speed CSP, like the usual process I normally would go through.

As for Mario/Luigi/Dr Mario CSP's I go through a whole other process when doing the main HQ ones, because I'm just re-doing CSPs in much more detail I'm also debugging everything, testing everything and making sure costume fixes, listening back on feedback from everyone, which is time consuming but so worth the end result I think.

Speaking of that though:

Today we have here our Princess Peach update, and this render took so long (you wouldn't believe me if I said) to do, specially the skirt but anyways, I want to point out that I enjoy working on the eyes the most so there's that.

There wasn't a huge amount of detail I needed to replace/fix but I did re-work a few things:

I added Minty peach costume over the original green one, not only that I also added a crown back onto the Pauline theme'd costume and cleaned up the Sunshine peach costume.

I believe that's all I can add onto what I wanted to say about peach, I just hope people like this version of the CSP and the render overall!
The Peach render looks awesome. And you got Minty Peach in there too, so thats good.

MagicManNo9

The Peach render looks awesome. And you got Minty Peach in there too, so thats good.
Thanks! Remember you mentioning Minty peach so I made sure to put her in!

Dat peach render.... speechless....
Very nice.
I'm glad, this reaction makes my day even more worth it~

I got an idea for Olimar, maybe 3 of his costumes could be based off of the Pikmin 3 styled costumes that AlGeorgeRomo made but Brawlified and with some color correction and combined with the Rock Pikmin over Purple Pikmin mod by Nudolf.
Funny enough I'm actually going to do that with Olimar Recolours! I won't probably use the Rock Pikmin as the attributes from the rock Pikmin won't match up if it has the same effect as the purple Pikmin, that and I'm probably just being nitpicky on the Pikmin.

Im still waiting for someone to make an actual Alph mod :cry:
I'm actually surprised no one has done that yet now that I think about it!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I really like your dedication and the fact that you are making this build almost from scratch in an attempt to give us players a chance to really enjoy some nice design (menus, characters, stages) while playing the game. I'm kind of a perfectionist myself, and a while back I also wanted to edit my own Custom Build (which I am doing now btw) but unfortunately I don't know how to make my own renders or designs so I don't have much option but to compile sources from other authors.

With that said, I really like your designs and the fact that it's all the result of your time and skill. I visit the thread everyday just to check your progress and be amazed by some new CSP or render. I can't wait to try it out once you finish it.
Keep up the good job!

MagicManNo9

I really like your dedication and the fact that you are making this build almost from scratch in an attempt to give us players a chance to really enjoy some nice design (menus, characters, stages) while playing the game. I'm kind of a perfectionist myself, and a while back I also wanted to edit my own Custom Build (which I am doing now btw) but unfortunately I don't know how to make my own renders or designs so I don't have much option but to compile sources from other authors.

With that said, I really like your designs and the fact that it's all the result of your time and skill. I visit the thread everyday just to check your progress and be amazed by some new CSP or render. I can't wait to try it out once you finish it.
Keep up the good job!
Firstly I want to say thank you so much! (I know I say that to everyone who provides support but I really want to put it out there for every single person on how much it means to me!) I'm going all out on this build, when I first started funny enough I was actually compiling sources from other authors and using my edits to get by, then I started working on my first skin (Nes Golf Mario) then from there I just kept trying to get better and better to give everyone the best PM experience possible in this custom build, not just for myself but for everyone as well, takes a lot of time of my day but the result is what gets me working harder and harder than before (Back then I wouldn't even imagine myself editing 3D models and creating CSP's at the time so it's fun looking back on it) Thanks again and I'll continue to work hard!

Speaking of CSP Updates:

^ Just a side note, listening to this as you drink a cup of tea = the coziest feeling ever.

Sheik is suprisingly difficult to work with, had to do 2-3 takes on the right angle before I got it right to a degree I was satisfied with.

I don't have much else to add onto Sheik, just that I worked on her because I wanted to update the graphics on the front page for the character DL's section, giving it a much nicer update, I'll also need to update the CSP's in the Vault now that I think about it, front page will also have a FAQ section soon I believe, shall do all that when I get back tonight! (Still on holiday but it's all good)

Also expect a Fox update today, will add Fox's CSP/Costumes together because A. I've done it before but needed to the CSP's and B. Two birds one stone that way if I did it HQ style.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Good looking stuff, I like it. May I ask what stages do you plan to remove, add, or change in your build? I know you're the one making the build but I'd love to make a few suggestions on stages and music for said stages if you don't have a problem with that.

MagicManNo9

Sheik looks awesome!!!!
Can't wait to see the rest.
Thanks! Luckily I got a good thing going with fox right now to show!

Good looking stuff, I like it. May I ask what stages do you plan to remove, add, or change in your build? I know you're the one making the build but I'd love to make a few suggestions on stages and music for said stages if you don't have a problem with that.
Oh I don't mind at all! Everyone's input I take into consideration and put together the best I can find. As for what stages I have in plan, it's very hard to say at the moment because I'm aiming to get characters done mainly but if you have suggestions don't hold back, that also applies to everyone! Mind I might not be able to take all ideas for stages but as I say, all suggestions will help when I get around to it!

UPDATE:

Today's update (or well tonight's over here haha) is as I've already said in the Sheik update a Fox update, it's hard to create a similar pose to Smash4 so I hope I did a good job working on the Render + his eyes was a fun thing. Was suprised on how detailed it came out, much like the Peach render from when I worked on her.

Without furthur ado, let's jump right into the costumes part!

I used the assault costume to take over the white and green costume because it felt more fitting to use, I tried to keep everything colorful overall, I did have a couple of other costumes I wanted to use but I filled up the slots already so I made sure to be adding them into the optional DLC section (Which is still in work, mainly for after the first release):

I didn't pick these ones to be in the main first release because A, Marcus and James are in a way, different characters and Ninja was a matter of personal taste and keeping everything consistent and I prefer'd the black costume over it (I say that but we're getting a Ninja Squirtle so that's a thing haha)

Though I didn't stop there, I was thinking on Fox's Melee costumes and thought about giving them a similar treatment I gave Dr. Mario soooo...

Yes, for some reason whenever I think of Melee Fox I think of the Melee Opening and wanted to listen to it again, as for why I keep adding music to my posts, I... don't really know I just love the music and sets the mood for me and hopefully for everyone else as well~

Well there's the Render of Melee Fox, I based the pose on the Melee version and created an updated version with the blaster, that was surprisingly fun to apply and work with, I went with the idea of trying to give off the best feeling for Melee Fox by adding more Melee feeling to it, I hope people like this!

Annnd I think that's it for tonight, Fox was very time consuming but I got his costumes done and his CSP, enjoyed doing both of them and hope everyone likes this!

Last edited:
Top Bottom