Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

I swear I didn't want to buy it, it happend on an impulse.
sigh.gif
It is really gorgeous, maybe the most beautiful Chanel polish I own. The formula is amazing too.
Then it's worth it. No guilt allowed. Just enjoy the polish.
flower.gif

CartoonChic

Here's my NARS Zulu + Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York mani. It was difficult to get a shot of Zulu where you could see the green in it. It borders on black. Two coats of Zulu with one coat of CiNY layered on top of accent nails. My coke nail really stands out.
girlhaha.gif

BuickMackane

Here's my NARS Zulu + Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York mani. It was difficult to get a shot of Zulu where you could see the green in it. It borders on black. Two coats of Zulu with one coat of CiNY layered on top of accent nails. My coke nail really stands out.
girlhaha.gif

Cleo and Zulu are getting along just fine!
eyelove.gif

I love how shiny Zulu is. This is without top coat, right?

kimibos

I guess it's partly just a phase for me. I'm sure I'll wear brighter colors in spring/summer again.

I lost my mind for a teeny tiny moment and so it happend that I placed an order for Malice.
bangin.gif
I didn't even want to post that I bought it, that's how guilty I feel.
ohboy.gif
I really REALLY shouldn't have spent that money. I know Liz offered me a CP, but I wanted to stay strong. I was fighting it for weeks, but then I saw it back in stock on a UK site and the next thing I remember is getting a package with that gorgoues polish in it.
whistle.gif
The shipping alone was expensive, that's gonna be my only polish haul for a while. I'll try to not order any more until spring. Let's see how that goes with that strong willpower of mine.
girlhaha.gif
poke.gif
well you have it now, so enjoy it!!!

CartoonChic

Cleo and Zulu are getting along just fine!
eyelove.gif

I love how shiny Zulu is. This is without top coat, right?
That's with a top coat, but it's super shiny without it. I always wear a top coat to make the polish last longer. Speaking of top coats, has anyone tried Butter London's matte top coat or Chanel's? I've been curious about getting a matte top coat and would like recommendations.

Also, is Zulu so shiny because it's a jelly? I've been trying to figure out the differences between creme and jelly polishes.

Medgal07

Lol, I probably do need an intervention. But I say no, no, no! Galion is a dark grey, Storm Bird is a shark grey, Manosque is a grey purple, and Koh Lanta is a deep purple. I notice I seem to buy polish in color groupings. I don't think I have anything that matches Glamordaze, but I'll be on the look out. I'll be sure to tell you if I find something. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking maybe Butter London Toff. I don't have Jungle Red, but it is on my list. I don't have many red polishes.
Tis the season...work on your reds now. haha:

Medgal07

I guess it's partly just a phase for me. I'm sure I'll wear brighter colors in spring/summer again. I lost my mind for a teeny tiny moment and so it happend that I placed an order for Malice. :bangin:  I didn't even want to post that I bought it, that's how guilty I feel.:eek:hboy:  I really REALLY shouldn't have spent that money. I know Liz offered me a CP, but I wanted to stay strong. I was fighting it for weeks, but then I saw it back in stock on a UK site and the next thing I remember is getting a package with that gorgoues polish in it. :whistle:  The shipping alone was expensive, that's gonna be my only polish haul for a while. I'll try to not order any more until spring. Let's see how that goes with that strong willpower of mine. :haha:  :poke:
Yay for team Malice. You made a great choice so you can't have any regrets. BTW, Malice goes nicely w/ Chanel L' Impatiente lipstick .....just saying. :shock:

Medgal07

:cheer: you got them!!! which one are you doing your nails with, first???       well you have it now, so enjoy it!!!  
Kimibos , I'm totally smitten with all of them, especially Jack the Lad & Wallis. I was very surprised that The Black Knight is an exact dupe for MAC's Every Thing That Glitters. I tried them on side by side and couldn't tell the difference! I would love to wear Wallis first, but we're having our formal Hanukkah dinner on Sunday so I was just getting ready to polish my nails with Hyper (Deep blue w/violet pearl) from MAC's Gareth Pugh collection. I could conceivably wear a different polish every day until Saturday. They're just too pretty to just sit on a rack. :shock:

Medgal07

Medgal, here's Toff with Glamourdaze lipstick. I don't think it's an exact match, but it's close. Lol, it was so hard to hold both of them in one hand and take the pic.
Oh CartoonChic...thank you so much for photographing GD & Toff. They look so pretty together. I was going to put myself on a NP No Buy but I need Toff first. My NP racks are supposed to hold 96 bottles, but I have 103 bottles on one rack and 98 on the other, with a little room to spare. With your help I'll fill that second rack in no time! :)

Medgal07

I would so love to take you up on that offer .. But i heard that it's not permitted to ship nail polish overseas cause it's a flammable liquid :(  Not entirely sure but i fear for it .. Awesome picks :supacool: I'm really liking The Black Knight, Jack the Lad and Scuppered, if i can find them instore this saturday they are definitely coming home with me as well.
Liz, if you have MAC's Everything That Glitters you might want to skip The Black Knight and get another BL. Much to my surprise it's an exact dupe.

CartoonChic

I got shipment confirmations for my NARS, Sephora and Beauty.com orders. I'll have my Sephora order tomorrow, but there's no delivery date posted for the other two yet. I'm a little concerned that Pokerface wasn't shipped with the rest of the items. I hope it doesn't mean it sold out. It still shows as in stock on Beauty.com's website.

Naughtyp

yay! I finally got Its a trapeez!! and escaping reality even tho I already have. so many hot pinks bright pinks neon pinks lol can't wait to get home and test them out since my np from last night hipped already ;/ (zoya Blaze)

Medgal07

I got shipment confirmations for my NARS, Sephora and Beauty.com orders. I'll have my Sephora order tomorrow, but there's no delivery date posted for the other two yet. I'm a little concerned that Pokerface wasn't shipped with the rest of the items. I hope it doesn't mean it sold out. It still shows as in stock on Beauty.com's website.
Fingers crossed! :)

Liz2012

Liz, if you have MAC's Everything That Glitters you might want to skip The Black Knight and get another BL. Much to my surprise it's an exact dupe.
Thanks for the info Medgal!
peace2.gif
I don't own MAC's Everything That Glitters, which formula do you like best? If they're exact dupes anyway i might as well get the best one formula wise :) TIA

Medgal07

Thanks for the info Medgal! :peace:  I don't own MAC's Everything That Glitters, which formula do you like best? If they're exact dupes anyway i might as well get the best one formula wise :) TIA
Liz, I did notice a difference in the MAC & BL formulas, and if I had to choose I would go with BL. It applied smoother. That's not to say that ETG was difficult. It really was not, and if I only had ETG, I would have no regrets.

MAChostage

Here's a pic of my Zoya Blaze mani. The picture really doesn't do it any justice. And, for the record, these holographic glitter polishes from their Ornate Collection remove easily, without incident.

Liz2012

Liz, I did notice a difference in the MAC & BL formulas, and if I had to choose I would go with BL. It applied smoother. That's not to say that ETG was difficult. It really was not, and if I only had ETG, I would have no regrets.
Thanks Medgal, i'll be picking up The Black Knight then!
peace2.gif
amuse.gif
Love those Butter London bottles btw, they're so cute
love.gif

honey on boost

Here's a pic of my Zoya Blaze mani. The picture really doesn't do it any justice. And, for the record, these holographic glitter polishes from their Ornate Collection remove easily, without incident.

Love that color! Your nails are so long!! I always manage to break mine so I keep them short now.