• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 1983 Honda CX 650 Turbo

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
Not mine - saw it Facebook market place. https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Clipboard01.jpg

I'm sorry but that's absurd pricing, even being nice and clean. These were not highly sought but the general CX motor was an outstanding product.

I'm sorry but that's absurd pricing, even being nice and clean. These were not highly sought but the general CX motor was an outstanding product.

I agree - it's simply an interesting bit of motorcycle history.

Yes, awfully proud of that one. I would prefer the CX500TC, not as strong but I worked at a Honda shop when it came out in 1982 and got my hands on one. The turbo made a huge difference from the non turbo CX I had before it. I think I liked it because it was a bit weird, well, maybe a lot weird.

Have seen some pretty nice specimens sell for $6,500 to $9,000.

Yes, awfully proud of that one. I would prefer the CX500TC, not as strong but I worked at a Honda shop when it came out in 1982 and got my hands on one. The turbo made a huge difference from the non turbo CX I had before it. I think I liked it because it was a bit weird, well, maybe a lot weird.

Have seen some pretty nice specimens sell for $6,500 to $9,000.
I would never own a turbo-charged vehicle.

I would never own a turbo-charged vehicle.

I have owned a few and it is a way to make more HP for sure. At this point I will probably never own another turbo unless it is an oil burner. Whole different ball game on those.

When i lived in colorado on a mountain top, i wanted a fast car to get around the tree huggers driving testicleless prious. I did not want to climb 3k feet in 6 miles and have to cool a turbo. So with advice from my sons i bought a corvette z06. It was perfect for the task.

I just did some quick searching and $12Kish seems to be going price for real nice ones.

I saw a few that sold in this range so they seem to be worth that much to some people.

my brother bought the first CX that came to Pasadene honda years ago , non turbo . Left his toad bmw there for them to sell . I had to go pick it up and haul it off a month latter , they couldnt get rid of it . But the CX was one sweet ride , blew the dust off the bmw when it went around it . Somebody had a turbo CX for sale and i was ready to go get it untill he let out that it was a toad until you hit the power band at around 5,000 rpm , i didnt tell him but he changed my mind and that was a clean bike for around 2500 , a good price to me . I was wrenching at a ford dealership in early 80s and did get to experience a ford turbo mustang , about the least awe inspiring car i ever drove with the crappiest feeling clutch and the worst 4 speed trans ever built . That broke me of any interest in turbo charged gas motors . Diesels on the other hand are inspiring .

My first real street bike was the CX500 before the turbo, fun bike. Had a BMW 335i sedan with the twin-turbo 6 cylinder. That thing would haul and handled great. Should have kept it but with two turbos I got rid of it right before the warranty expired.

my brother bought the first CX that came to Pasadene honda years ago , non turbo . Left his toad bmw there for them to sell . I had to go pick it up and haul it off a month latter , they couldnt get rid of it . But the CX was one sweet ride , blew the dust off the bmw when it went around it . Somebody had a turbo CX for sale and i was ready to go get it untill he let out that it was a toad until you hit the power band at around 5,000 rpm , i didnt tell him but he changed my mind and that was a clean bike for around 2500 , a good price to me . I was wrenching at a ford dealership in early 80s and did get to experience a ford turbo mustang , about the least awe inspiring car i ever drove with the crappiest feeling clutch and the worst 4 speed trans ever built . That broke me of any interest in turbo charged gas motors . Diesels on the other hand are inspiring .
I loved my 3.0 TDI Q5 - right up to the point a pick-up driver took it out going down I10. 428 lb-ft of torque and 35+mpg makes a fun little SUV. Engineers really did their job right - I walked away with nothing but a sore back from a freeway speed crash where a swerving pick-up pushed me out of my lane and into a second truck pulling a trailer.

I couldn't' find another low mileage TDI so I got an XC60 with a gas 2.0 turbo-supercharged 4 pot with just over 300hp. I will only own it as long as it has a warranty. I figure the pin is pulled on that grenade and Volvo is hoping the fuse burn time is greater than the warranty period.

Back