Niptuck "Cherry Peck/Quentin Costa" Season Finale Talkback (Spoilers)

Solitude1

Crispy noodle in duck sauce?
This is it! The final 2 eps of Season 3 of Niptuck. Here's the descriptions.

Cherry Peck:

Christian finds out about Kimber. Quentin is a Carver suspect. Julia has bad dreams about her pregnancy. Sean is threatened into doing pro bono work on a transgender woman.

Quentin Costa:
The Carver strikes at a sorority house. His identity is revealed.

So any guesses on what's going to happen. I'm still not sure who the Carver is but...

I would not be surprised to find out that Julia's baby daddy is actually Jude since she slept with him in the first ep this season.

Sigma

Simply Phenomenal
I still say The Carver is
Merill Bobolit
. I can't wait to find out though.

Solitude1

Wow....so it was...

Quentin

Well 20 mins left....wonder what else they can pull out thier ass.

Solitude1

So....

The Carver was Quentin who was working and in love with his sister...who was Kit. And now their spreading havoc in Spain. Hmm.

Ryan Murphy did say their would be no Carver storyline next season so I can only wonder what he has in store.

I'd have to say this was the weakest season out of the three. Hopefully next season can kick it back up to Season 1 and 2 status.

Niptuck Season 3:3 and a half stars.

Sigma

Simply Phenomenal
I enjoyed the episode and was pretty suprised with who The Carver turned out to be.

Now we will have to wait till season 4 to find out what happens to Matt and Cherry after they
killed Nazi Dad

Captain Harlock

FOXHOUND revolutionary.
Solitude1 said:
So....

Ryan Murphy did say their would be no Carver storyline next season so I can only wonder what he has in store.

I'd have to say this was the weakest season out of the three. Hopefully next season can kick it back up to Season 1 and 2 status.

Niptuck Season 3:3 and a half stars.
Agree. I'm so happy to see the Carver storyline end (hopefully). I would have been fine if it had ended well, but it was a little hokey and predictiable with all of the in-episode hints. The first half of next season will probably deal with

Matt and Cherry murdering neo-nazi dad, while Sean finds out that his new baby has some sort of big birth defect.

It's still a enjoyable show, but this season was the most predictable of them all. I felt that Seasons 1 and 2 were so successful because of the unpredictibility of certain events. By no means was it a bad season, but not on par with the previous 2. Thankfully I have The Shield to tide me over for a while, but I can't wait for Nip/Tuck season 4.

Youko Recca

Retired
I'm not a regular viewer, but had to tune in for this. The unmasking of this dude was right up there with what was in the hatch, result of seven o'clock AM, and just had me looking foward to it. Well, it managed to be pretty good, I suppose. Not on the level of the forementioned though. I love how villains can win in some situations, and the villain winning in the end was a nice touch. Or should I say, villains. I knew the girl was apart of it, but he just seemed so obvious I'm surprised that it was him. In the end it wrapped up(Barely though. What's up with Sean and Christian at the end acting all happy? They knew they lost against The Carver and that they're out there, but naw man, it's all cool.), and that's all that matters I guess. Kinda hated Matt's capture, as it was completely retarded. No way am I letting some bonkers dude handle me like how Matt did. No way.

Captain Harlock

FOXHOUND revolutionary.
Youko Recca said:
Kinda hated Matt's capture, as it was completely retarded. No way am I letting some bonkers dude handle me like how Matt did. No way.
The situation with Matt paralleled the one that Sean and Christian were in. One of the recurring themes of the show is the parallel between patients and the stories of the characters. Or even within the family. It's become common place. Since you aren't a regular viewer, it might have been awkward or didn't seem to work as you said.

Damien

Watching
I was introduced to the Friday night reruns a couple weeks ago, and already I'm all up in this show. What a purple nurple of the mind. It manages to keep me in suspense, despite the fact I guessed the Carver. Rather, both of them. ;)

The Punisher in me also cheered when they dusted Nazi Dad. Surprised Cherry didn't bleed to death, though. Can't wait to see Ariel's reaction.

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Bleh, I'm glad this is done with, but yeah... it was all pretty hokey.

Clever that the most obvious guy was the guy, but the whole missing penis thing.... Kit being his sister.... them escaping to Spain...... bleh.

I would've much preferred a clean kill.

So, we don't get to find out what was up with Julia's baby, neh? Bummer.

All in all, definately the weakest of the seasons in my book. I hope we're in for better next time around.

okendri

The Real Big O
I was disappointed that Quinten turned out to be the Carver. With the writers making Quinten the obvious choice, I had hoped that the Carver was someone else. Why couldn't they make Sean's daughter the Carver. She could be mad at them all for her lack of screen time. The whole incest and other things is just Nip/Tuck being outlandish. If people can accept Famke Jensen as a tranny, the Costa family isn't so bad. I felt that the Carver storyline overshadowed the season so much that any episode that didn't have an appearance by him was not as good. Since the storyline is over, the next season should return to the older style of previous seasons. I wonder if Matt will suffer any consequences from the death of Ariel's father.

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
A guy on my board summed it up perfectly,

"...reminds me of the episode of A Pup Named Scooby Doo where Red Herring finally turned out to be the villain of the piece."

Rover_Wow

E Online reports the ratings...

Carver Good to "Nip/Tuck"

By Joal Ryan Wed Dec 28, 7:26 PM ET

The Carver is sick, sadistic--and popular.

The two-hour season finale of Nip/Tuck, in which the serial disfigurer known as the Carver was revealed to be Dr. Quentin Costa, was braved by 5.7 million, a record for an FX original series.

The show easily outdrew broadcast network competition on UPN and the WB, and lured a season-high number of desirable 18- to 49-year-olds to cable. Overall, it was the fourth-most watched program on all of cable in 2005, Variety reported.

Nip/Tuck's Carver storyline dates back to season two--or around the time the bad Dr. Costa checked in to Miami.

Played by former Jesse nice guy Bruno Campos, Costa cut up models and defiled Dr. Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) in cahoots with his secret sister--the finale's final twist--police detective Kit McGraw (Rhona Mitra). It was explained that Costa and Kit had troubled upbringings. Also, Costa was vexed by his lack of a penis.

Nip/Tuck is due back for a fourth season.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MAW Superman and Unicorn WE seem to have done well, and Invincible Fight Girl and Iyanu: Child of Wonder sound interesting. It's good to see CN embracing action again, but I hope they haven't forgotten comedy.
I've watched a few more episodes of Yuru Camp since I first posted about it. It's definitely great and it might end up becoming one of my favorite anime series ever.
Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?

Featured Posts