• 2/5

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 25 13.9%

• Total voters

Drunk Barney

Stonecutter
Almost a classic IMO. A

Edit: 10 years on, I certainly wouldn't call it a classic. Like with your typical Scully adventure, if you don't take it too seriously, then there should be enough fairly enjoyable material for it to be at least watchable. Yes, it's generally quite forgettable and fairly silly, but there's enough light laughs/amusing moments throughout to keep you entertained, IMO...of course! 3/5

Last edited:
A horrible, horrible episode. The main plot was stupid and wacky, the sub-plot was extremely annoying. One of The Simpsons worst for sure - D

Ben H said:
A horrible, horrible episode. The main plot was stupid and wacky, the sub-plot was extremely annoying. One of The Simpsons worst for sure - D
Second. 1.5/5 (1/5 in the poll).

I like Maximum Homerdrive, its not a classic but its entertaining enough, one of the better ones from Season 10. I'd give it 3.5/5

One of my few Fs. It's barely funny, the subplot's lame, and it's too wacky for my tastes.

Terrible episode. The main plot was too wacky, and the sub-plot was pointless. Also, there were very few laughs. D-

A highly underrated episode, I don't understand why everyone hates it, there's a lot of funny moments here.

I don't think it's that bad. Certainly, I've seen worse than this. All in all, another of Homer's wacky adventures, this sees him taking control of a truck after its driver passes away. Another of Homer being a buffoon, yet things working out for him in the end. Another subplot featuring Marge at home and bored. Those scenes were very reminiscent of Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, but much improved with the constant ringing doorbell. So much improved that it is arguably better than the main plot, which obviously indicates that something is wrong. Another unrealistic plot device with the truck having a mechanism that drives itself. This scene pushed the boundaries of plausibility, although this is not the worst instance in the show. A lot of the gags were reworked from older episodes, and the original material is hardly fresh. Again, what saves this episode from being bottom of the barrel is its jokes, which are still very funny, despite the rest of the episode. Red Barclay's death was badly handled, in that he died almost instantaneously, and just sat there smiling. The bodybag scene made up for this, but unlike Homer finally delivering Red's truckload at the end, this episode fails to deliver on nearly all counts.

I don't know. There's too much of a limit with grades and rankings, so I just prefer to say whatever I like about them. One day I'll think Episode X might be a 5/5, the next day it might be 4/5, and the day after, 5/5 again, but my general opinion "It was funny, I found it boring, it moved me to tears, that was one of the best episodes ever" etc more or less stays the same.

Meh. I didn't hate it but I didn't really like it either, the only part I really dislike is Homer's truck flipping over like 80 times.

C+

It's a decent episode. I haven't seen it in a while. But last time I check. I liked it. But like George, my mind changes every day.

4/5

No i liked it.

Yes it wacky but I thourght it was entertaning.

Edit: My spelling/grammar has improved hugely in the last decade. Well, at least it's a positive way of looking back at this post!

Last edited:
Cosmic Fool said:
(or for a real grade F-)

There is no such thing as an F-, I'm afraid. Nor is there an F+. So you still have yet to come up with a real grade. :P

This episode is horrible, and gets about a D or so.

This episode is bad enough that it actually has the rare distinction of having a syndication cut that actually made the episode better (the awful diner scene, look at the cuts guide for yourself). Other then that, its pretty typical Captain Wacky jerkass Homer. He goes on some annoying adventure that isn't amusing, complete with Bart as his straight man. Pretty common dull plotline, especcially in season ten. In the meantime, the purposely dull subplot is just that: dull, offering little help beyond the admittingly amusing Senor Ding Dong character. Not a highlight of shittiness, but a pretty lousy episode nonetheless. D

2. When I did a Bottom 30, this came out lucky #13. When a subplot about buying doorbells seems more interesting than the main, you've got problems.

Which season was this in? I'm too lazy to check...It was in 9-12, (I know that much) meaning it was great for its era. I liked it. 4/5.

An episode can still be funny even without any semblence of a plot or storyline, as long as it has good jokes (see Simpson Tide, one of my fav episodes due to its sheer wackiness). This one has nothing really...except for a jab at the Teamsters.

Listening to this on TV right now, actually. Not brilliant, but I wouldn't say it is one of the worst ever. I can think of plenty of episodes worse than this. A bit stupid and pointless at times, but Homer squeezes in some funny stuff, I think. Average episode in my opinion. 2.5/5

I've seen this episode so many times I can practically recite it (thanks to my brother's love of season 10!) It was okay. I didn't like the distasteful gags in the first act, but act 2 and 3 was better. I liked the subplot, too. Besides the formulaic plot, sight gags, Scullyness and general sillyness, this episode is ...let's say adequate. Just. C-

Back