Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • 5/5

Votes: 117 71.3%

• Total voters

Jeff

crap.
It was pretty good and had a great plot but honestly I'm getting sort of tired of the Homer being with other woman episodes. (4/5)

Hysterically funny episode and the brilliant jokes just keep coming and coming A/A+. If episodes today were half as funny as this I'd be completley content.

I´m not the biggest fan of this one. I like it and I find it funny but I don´t think the story was so great. Mindy is a very unbelievable character, unlike Lurleen, and I don´t really enjoy so much Bart´s subplot. Anyway it´s indudably a classic and memorable episode. I think it´s a 4/5.

I love this episode. Mindy Simmons was a good love interest character, with an ironic twist, being just like Homer.

I love this one. It has a coherent plot, not based on a parody of anything specific, a decent subplot, a great new character in Mindy Simmons, well-acted by Michelle Pfeiffer, brilliant lines, nice hallucinations and references, (Boticelli's Birth of Venus and Barney singing the theme to I Dream of Jeannie) and plenty of emotion as we feel for Homer torn between his family and the woman he has an infatuation for. There's more, but I'm unable to think of them all as my brain is sadly not up to scratch today. There are a few loose ends that never got tied up, such as what happened to Mindy? But who cares? Hugely enjoyable stuff.

George Cauldron said:
There are a few loose ends that never got tied up, such as what happened to Mindy? But who cares? Hugely enjoyable stuff.
According to "Another Simpsons Clip Show", she hit the bottle pretty hard after Homer "dumped" her and got fired.

It's an okay episode, with nothing truly great to speak of (except maybe Homer's day dreams). But it's consistently funny and enjoyable. (B/B+)

One of the greats; I love the Bart subplot, and the twist of Mindy being exactly like Homer. Truly, an episode from the golden age.

An absolute classic. Great sentiment, despite the fact that Homer did cheat a little bit.

Michelle Phieffer was great as Mindy.

Great episode! Absolutely hysterical. A witty episode with lots of brilliant lines. I also thought Bart's nerd farm subplot was pretty funny. I like Homer's take on the Mandy song.
Oh Mindy, well you came and you gave without flaking, and I sent you Bengay
Oh Andy

This is another episode that's lost its appeal a little because I've seen it so often. The main plot was really good, but I didn't really care for the Bart subplot at all. Some really laugh out loud gags: Homer trying to read the garbled writing on his hand, 'fly, my pretties'! and the polisher sounding like Marge just to name a few. B+

This is one of only two A+s from this season. The two plots didn't seem connected, but Bart's nerdiness was a nice tie-in to Homer's realization of how strange his family is. I think this is very well one of the season's funniest, but it also focuses on a rarely seen side of Homer. When I saw this, I kept thinking of it as a retread of Colonel Homer, but now I realize that this episode goes deeper into Homer's mind. In Colonel Homer, he was oblivious, but here, he is the only one who is aware of the situation at hand, and I can't think of any episode in which Homer has been so heavily focused on. Mirkin also rarely brings out really emotional moments, but Homer's scene in the hotel was definitely one of the most touching scenes ever. And when that was complemented perfectly by Homer's 'Margie' song, it just gave me a really good feeling inside. There's still more excellent things going for the episode, as it brings back Capital City, gives Charlie a nice moment, and satirizes the fossil fuel industry. And Bart's subplot was hilarious. I don't think I have ever laughed harder at a 'exageration of childhood' joke, than at the hidden cave in the lockers. Brilliant episode.

A romantic episode,I love the whole plot idea. Every scene with Homer and Mindy was hilarious,such as the one in the elevator. Bart's subplot was also funny. And who could forget Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo?

One of my favorite Grampa's quotes: "That racoon stole my lambchop!"

5/5

One of my all time favorites. A+

I was really excited when I realised it's Michelle Pfeiffer as the guest star (I had trouble falling asleep after Batman Returns, meow). And what a great job she did.

Superb jokes, funny plot and such a fine touch of reality.

My personal favourite of Season 5. There's nothing I hate, and Mindy was a nice character...shame we never see her again. A+

I like this episode, but it's much weaker than Colonal Homer. I found that the Mindy character, while funny, isn't as great a one time character as I thought when I first saw the episode. There are a number of great gags like the tube, the HMO humor as only gotten funnier as time's gone by. I liked Bart's subplot, even if it could have used a little more fleshing out

Another classic that I cannot resist to give 5/5.

The story went funny since the first part as Charlie lands on some unknown island, Homer viewing Mindy as naked Venus on clam or Bart being 'dorkified'. As it was told during the episode that Mindy had very same personality as Homer ('I wanna sneak a quick napp before lunch'), it became very interesting. A situation that Homer cannot resist to cheat on Marge.

The subplot was annoying, but was supposed to be very good. (yes I'm approving that it was good)

My favorite part came when a phantom told Homer that he'd be living a great life if he had married Mindy, but Marge would've been a president meanwhile. Also, it was funny seeing Homer getting ashamed of his family. The moment came as Homer and Mindy went to Capital City. Homer was worried that he was betraying his family (very classic moment for some people...). The story kept gettting deeper and deeper. Homer's heart broke as Chinese fortune cookie said 'You'll find happiness with your new love', he really did took its word and confessed it to Mindy <- very funny moment, I couldn't really resist to laugh at THAT one. But Homer gives up.

In summary, this episode is just classic. It maybe PG-13 though. A great guest voice by Michelle Pfeiffer helped a lot too. I cannot remember about any flaws on this episode (lol at Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo)

5/5

Last edited:
rush said:
It was pretty good and had a great plot but honestly I'm getting sort of tired of the Homer being with other woman episodes. (4/5)

Now that I think about it... Homer isn't the most attractive appealing person and yet he gets lots of women to be interested in him, marge, mindy, lurleen, vegas wifes so forth... he just a pushy, lazy loud mouth, women are attracted to that just like in real life ;)

oh yeah and 4/5

Also ive had an argument with my sister over the years about this episode. I always thought Homer had sex with Mindy but imagined it was Marge. Why else would she be wearing the same dress. What's your take?

Burninmaphone said:
Also ive had an argument with my sister over the years about this episode. I always thought Homer had sex with Mindy but imagined it was Marge. Why else would she be wearing the same dress. What's your take?
No way. That'd be way too weird of an ending. She was wearing the same dress for as a coincidence for the purpose of a mislead.

Anyway, probably my favorite episode to date with perfect characterizations, a good one time character, (actually several one time characters like Clink and Joey-Jo-Jo) and an interesting conflict. I always find my self intrigued by the conflict and somehow the jokes never lose their laughs. Stolen pens, hallucinations, sound FX guy, fortune cookies, powdered gravy, Bart's prank, Joey-Jo-Jo, and Colonel Klink. What's not to love? A+

this episode was ok. i didn't really like the plot but it had some good jokes and the subplot with bart was also very funny

4/5

Very good episode, Mindy was really good, and this episode had a lot of great jokes. B+

great episode i was gonna be nice and give it a 5 but i was thinking more along the lines of 4.5 so i rounded down to 4.
best joke: the stuff with the guy who works at the hotel and those noises he makes

Good episode. Lots of laughs through the whole episode while putting in some emotion at the same time. Homer's attraction to Mindy is very well done and the end scene with them after the meal was quite touching. Bart's subplot wasn't so good, but still had some provided some good laughs. I like how it helps show Homer how strange his family is though. Mindy is very good character, a female Homer really, a fact which makes their relationship all the more interesting.

So, to sum it up. A perfect blend of silly jokes (such as Joey Jo Jo) and emotion (such as the end scene). A+

The plot is a little weak, but the episode's absolute hilarity makes up for that rather easily. The subplot is one of the funniest ever too (*gasp* I'm a nerd! *gasp* So am I!) . Easy A+.

think it's really a great episode and especially the characterization of Homer
is great in this story imo. Funny to see how Homer reacts when he finds himself
attracted to someone else then Marge.
Also the end of the episode is really well done.

4.5/5

Back