Rate and Review "Marge Vs The Monorail"

How would you rate "Marge Vs The Monorail"?

• Total voters

Wezzo

wreck on the highway
Episode 12!

We're now just past halfway through S4, and not a dud in sight so far. Thankfully, this episode doesn't disappoint, with one of the funniest, and most full-blown musical numbers of all-time, an excllent plot, some great one-off characters, a great guest apperance from Leonard Nimoy, and hilarious humour. Possibly one I should bump back in to my top 30. A+

Previous S4 R&R's:
Kamp Krusty
A Steetcar Named Marge
Homer The Heretic
Lisa The Beauty Queen
Treehouse Of Horror III
Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie
Marge Gets A Job
New Kid On The Block
Mr Plow
Lisa's First Word
Homer's Triple Bypass

Everything I could want from season 4. Some surrealism, satire, a funny guest star, good characters and references. 5/5 sounds perfect.

Anything less than 5/5 would be something of a travesty. From the opening parody of the Flintstones to the high-speed monorail out of control, this is one episode that never fails in the enjoyment stakes. What it lacks in satire, it makes up for in good gags. While it is wackier than a number of episodes in Season Four, everything is quite neatly under control that the plot seems at least plausible.

This is the original wacky episode, done right. It had everything; good writing, humor, plot, and characterization. This one has two of my all-time favorite lines: "Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you 'Ho-Ju'" and "I call the big one Bitey". A great musical number, Phil Hartman's terrific performance, and Leonard Nimoy's hilarious appearance are just icing on the cake. This is one of my personal favorites, top 20 at least. 5/5

They don't get much funnier than this. From the very first scene (the Flintstones parody), to the awesome musical number, to the memorable lines and jokes, this episode absolutely had it all. Add in another great performance by Phil Hartman. I have no idea why some people thought this episode had brilliant satire. This wasn't a satirical episode, this was a humorous episode, and a great one at that. A+.

While not is good as "Homer at the Bat", it's in the same vein- an episode devoted to giving us non-stop humour, even at the expense of a little realism. Hilarious stuff throughout, and Leonard Nimoy's appearance is gold. A+

5/5
This episode is a classic. There are many great lines as well as a memorible music number.

Obviously one of the best episodes ever written, thank you Conan O'Brien. The musical number was unforgettable and had one of (if not the) best opennings ever. A partcularly beautiful showing of Homer's problem solving skills in the short:

Homer: I locked my keys in there... Get a rock.

Lyle Lannely has to be one of the best single episode characters ever created. I also particularly enjoyed Lenny and Carls conversation as followed by:

Smithers: Well, sir, where should we dump this batch... the playground?
Burns: No, all those bald children are arrousing suspicion. To the park!

This episode was flawless IMO. 5/5

5/5 I don´t like surrealistic jokes in this series but in this one all of them are perfect. I also love Lyle Lanley, Homer´s characterization and the very funny and well animated action sequences .

If you didn't know (evidently you don't), this thread was created as part of the season 4 R&R series. I wasn't going to miss it out because a similar thread had been done recently.

Also, did you have to bump it up just to say that? It hadn't been posted in for ten days before that.

You "always get yelled at"? I don't think so. Plus, threads like this are repeated plenty, there's only so many episodes.

This was part of a season 4 series, by me & Rowdy, does it really matter?

In order to settle arguments like this, we need to put older episodes in the rate & review archive too, then everybody will know which episodes have been rated and reviewed, and which ones haven't.

I've suggested this several times before in the past, but nobody listens to me.

I listen to you George. I totally agree with you. I get tired of seeing the same old eps on here rated and reviewed 2 months after I do them and then whenever I post something that has already been done, ppl on here have to post 10 replies saying it's already been posted.

I really like this episode. I gave it a mediocre. But I wanted to give it a 4/5. So sorry about the mediocre vote. It's a good episode. I love the solar power joke. But the only thing that made it a 4/5 is because it lacked certain story balance. I mean, the way they stop the monorail is so unrealistic. I know it's a cartoon. But come on. Besides a few story problems. (hey, even the creators say it in the commentary) It's a great episode.

Considering that I have already posted this thread awhile back, I give it a 5/5 which I did on my original thread, which people really need to go back and look to see if there is already one.

Classic with plenty of good jokes and a nice plot that isn't just the same Homer get's a job episode but not perfect.4/5

This is a classic season 4 episode, and very funny. 4.5/5, rounded down to 4/5 since it is not my favorite, and there are better episodes out there.

Back