Rate & Review The Twisted World of Marge Simpson

?

• Total voters

Drunk Barney

Stonecutter
Saw this for the first time. I thought it was quite dull. A terribly slow start, the ending livend things up, but in all honestly this was terribly boring. Good charaterizations and a few excellent gags livened things up a little though. C+

The first two acts were terribly boring, but the third act contains one of my favorite Fat Tony performances. On the whole, however, it's one of the more forgettable episodes of the classic era.

B-

^Bingo. The first two acts are unengaging and slow-paced, though not without some good laughs. I love Dan Castelleneta's apparent ad-lib, "oh yeah, Homer's great!" Other highlights include Marge saying "Now you're the one being naive", and the franchise speaker character, which was pure Hank Azaria gold. Anyway, this seems to be another case of the writers not really knowing what to do with Marge and coming up with an unengaging episode (until the 3rd act). So...this is the opposite of "In Marge we Trust"

First two acts - C
Third act - A+

Overall - B/B-

Quite an uninteresting episode, apart from the fight at the end. Another "Marge joins a club" plot. Nothing memorable or spectacular in it. C

Well, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson is an underrated episode. The first two acts, while meandering a bit, are not too bad, while the third act (particularly the climax) is actually very enjoyable. The characters were all fine and in-character (except for Maude Flanders - What was up with that?). All up, I would actually afford this episode a B+, since it remains a 'guilty pleasure' of sorts - an episode which is a bit less than the sum of its parts, yet one that I still enjoy.

B - I like the plot and the jokes (when there are any), but as everybody else has said, the first two acts are a bit dull. Gotta love the mob war in the third act, hilarious.

I hated this episode when it first ran, and I now consider it a harbinger of the mediocrity that was to come in the seasons to follow. As Drunk Barney said, it's very dull. The only laugh I got out of it was the pretzel guy cautioning to check for, ugh, millipedes. D+

I don't consider it the worst of the season, but it's definitely the most boring one. There are literally no funny moments at all, the plot is yawn-inducing - there's really nothing to like about it.

C+

I accidentally gave this an F but I meant to give it an A. I think it is one of the most underrated episodes ever. I loved it the whole way through and the ending with the mob war was absolutely hilarious.

An episode that's not really talked about much, and it's easy to see why. It's hard to tell whether this is one of the "boring" episodes Bill & Josh were talking about, though, considering how while the first two acts are admittedly pretty slow, it really picks up steam towards the end. The ending with the mafia wars is a little goofy, but it's enough to make me smile, and that's all I ask from this show. Still, rather stale compared to what else is in its season. C+/B-

I dont mind the first two acts. Not a bad one for a Marge episode.

Favourite line: No deal McCutchin, that moon money is mine!

B

B, I don't consider it a bad episode or anything but it does get boring on times.

An episode that's not really talked about much, and it's easy to see why. It's hard to tell whether this is one of the "boring" episodes Bill & Josh were talking about, though, considering how while the first two acts are admittedly pretty slow, it really picks up steam towards the end. The ending with the mafia wars is a little goofy, but it's enough to make me smile, and that's all I ask from this show. Still, rather stale compared to what else is in its season. C+/B-

Considering that Weinstein mentioned how he wishes the franchise subject was something funner than pretzels on the DVD commentary, I'd say it is one of them.
Even Matt Groening said he wasn't really proud of the episode.

Anyways I consider this episode a chore to sit through. Not even Fat Tony could save this one from boredom. One of season 8's worst.

I thought it was great

McCutcheon
Da money
Leaping into the air
boaking accidents
a black day for baseball
Bart! wooooo!

One of the weaker season 8, but that doesn't make it bad at all. I'd say a B or B- is fair.

a good episode from my favorite season. i liked the idea of marge having "rivals" sort to speak. i liked her having her own little episode and adventure. homer screwing up by asking fat tony was good because it showed he does care about his wife. overall B+ or so, pretty good but not one of the seasons' bests

Back